Wow - flight with two young children is CRAZY! Thanks to a huge amount of help from Mel and Cherry, who accompanied us on their way to a wedding (and got us some fabulous seats in first-class!), we made it to Utah alive and with minimal battle wounds. It was a close call, though, because I was a total idiot and left Michael's car seat in the car rather than bringing it on board with us (I have no excuse but stupidity). All through the security line (which is a long time indeed) I was dwelling on images of families being kicked off planes because their young children refused to stay seated... Thankfully Michael did alright - and I plan to buy a car seat while we're out here so that he's well-secured during the return flight!


Even though it hadn't been long since we'd been here last, both Jax and Michael had a tough time adjusting. Jax was just beginning to experience separation anxiety before we arrived and wouldn't leave my sight (and often my arms) for the first week. Michael did better, but his concern for Jax was apparent. Little by little, though, they began to have fun and overcome their fears!
