In the spirit of the season, I also wanted to list some of my favorite things that happened this year with the kids.
Michael
- When hearing the poem where the dish runs away with the spoon, Michael had something important to add: “Dirty spoon.”
- One day Michael and I passed a horse trailer. He pointed to it and said, "The car dropped off the trailer!"
- After excitedly sharing his full name with everyone all day long, Michael decided his name was getting old and he wanted a different one. What would he prefer? "Yellow. And Purple."
- Michael’s deep question that he sometimes ponders aloud: “But why, why does the cheese stand alone?” (hi-ho, the derry-o…)
Jax
- After giving Jax vegetables for several weeks she showed me how much she hated the sweet flavor of applesauce - shooting me an expression I would have expected if I'd fed her a lemon.
- Hearing Jax “talk” in her sleep early one morning (raspberries). Jax working so hard for days to turn over from her back to her stomach, always having such a problem with her head.
- Getting help from Jax during our game. We grab her leg as she crawls and then pull her back toward us. After one or two pulls she’ll crawl away at break-neck speed for a few "steps" and then come to a complete stop, leaving one leg behind for us to grab.
- Saying “la, la, la” one morning when I noticed Jax watching my mouth intently - then having her say it back to me.