Thursday, April 10, 2008

Together Again


After what has been a very long year, Jonathan has arrived back at last! Despite a few days' delay because of airline trouble (something that plagues Jonathan everywhere he goes, and Kuwait appears to be no exception), we have now been reunited.

Michael, Jax, and I emptied the car to make room for a year's worth of luggage, and then navigated the airport with an umbrella stroller and jump-rope (to keep Michael close - he was instructed to hold on at all times). We arrived a bit early, but the kids were really good as we waited the last few minutes.

When Jonathan came around the corner we were all so excited! Jax was immediately interested in dad and couldn't wait to get out of her stroller to see him. Michael was a little more reserved, but Jonathan won his heart while waiting in the "lost baggage" claim area (did I tell you that Jonathan has airline trouble wherever he goes?). We are all so happy to be together again.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Welcome home Jonathon! I am happy that you are together again. Enjoy!!

Tyler said...

We are so excited for all of you to be together again! I love the pictures with Jonathan and the kids! So sweet and cute! Can't wait for the welcome home party!

Z. Marie said...

How wonderful!

Chris said...

Welcome home Jonathan! Yay for the whole family (we can all give a huge sigh of relief)! Nicole, I'll call you a little bit later so you guys can enjoy your family time!

Winn Family said...

so, seriously--I'm such a goober. I've been checking your blog everyday hoping to see or read something. And now I'm just sitting here crying because I'm seriously so sincerely happy (I know--i already said it, I'm a huge goober!) But i could not be happier! Welcome home and happy everything! I love you guys!

The Mrs said...

We are so glad Jonathan is home. I hope you get to enjoy some time together before he has to get back to the grind stone.
Hooray! I love the last pic of Michael and Jonathan. Priceless!

Winn Family said...

so one more thing...I know you're busy and all...what with life and husband now. But it's just that I keep checking this blog in hopes that you'll have more up...and I get disapointed EVERYTIME. so....just whenever...you get a chance....that'd be great! I'm glad you liked the clothes and I hope they fit her okay, and I'll probably call you soon! Love ya sis!